Dear Gordon Brown,
You will be very pleased to hear that I have recently been spending beyond my means (kind of) and have brought myself a new camera! I know, I know I have a plethora of photographic equipment already, but you see, I really, really wanted this one, so surely that’s ok?
It’s a Ricoh Calipo GX200. It’s very cool because:
- it’s small and I can keep it about my person, always (no Sherpa required to carred eqipment as with all my other aforementioned kit)
- it’s got a w-i-d-e lens, 24mm. This is a big deal on a little camera
- it’s very controllable – I can shoot on ‘auto’ or apeture priority etc, or 100% manual. I like being in control
- it shoots camera RAW. Wow – this is GREAT, I mean, really great. Full post production control. Did I mention I like control?
- it shoots square format and b&w, but saves all the rectangular detail and colour info too
I could go on, but I won’t, because as Prime Minister you probably have more important things to do than read about cameras
Here’s me with my new toy (n.b. am not normally quite this cross-eyed in real life, I am however exactly this wrinkled and haggard)…