Oh my goodness, I think I’ve invented the best recipe yet, even if I do say so myself.
There seems to be a glut of blackberries at the moment (not that I’m complaining), and rather than make an apple and blackberry crumble again (crikey, these trousers are getting tight, strange that), I thought I’d have a go at these.
It’s kind of taken from a blueberry muffin recipe, and as I was worried the blackberries might be a lilttle tart by themselves, I added some of those mini white choc chips (as they are so, so sweet (yum)) and I had an orange so I added that too.
- 400g plain flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 tbspn baking powder
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 284ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 85g melted butter
- 225g blackberries
- 50g mini white chocolate chips
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with pretty cases.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and gently and not too thouroughly mix in the wet things.
- Carefully stirthrough the ‘tasty bits’.
- Spoon generously into the muffin cases and cook in oven for 15-20 mins.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins then onto a rack to cool down properly.
- Eat them all up as quickly as you can!