Sometimes we all need a little more, so here we are – four time more and for free!
If you’ve got a photo that needs a bit of livening up or if you just feel like playing in Photoshop then here you go – a Photoshop Action by me called 2×2 that reflects your image in three directs so you end with something quite unexpected and surprising.
Some photos work better than others – branches are good for creating an abstract pattern…
And there’s nothing stopping you reapplying the action again and again…
I think it works particularly well with photos of people…
The possibilities are endless!
Here’s what you need to do.
Firstly – download this file and remember where you saved it:
2×2 (right-click on link and choose ‘save link as’)
To get this (or any) action into Photoshop you need to do the following…
- In Photoshop make sure you have the ‘Actions’ palette open (go to ‘Windows’ and ‘Actions’ or press the F9 key).
- Click open the little twirly menu in the top right of the palette (fig A) and choose ‘Load Actions’ – go to where you downloaded the 2×2.atn file and select.
- That’s it – all done. You don’t need to do this each time – it will be there each time you open Photoshop.
Now, all you need to to is open an image – any shape, any size, just make sure it’s ‘flattened’ (i.e. no layers). Make sure 2×2 (fig B) is highlighted then hit the ‘play’ button (fig C).
That’s all there is to it – let me know how you get on with it, I’d love to see.
+++ U P D A T E +++
2×2.atn (right-click on link and choose ‘save link as’)
Great news – this will also work in Photoshop Elements – this is what you need to do…
Copy the lemonlight.atn file to the one of the following locations:
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataAdobePhotoshop Elements8.0Localeen_USWorkflow Panelsactions
C:ProgramDataAdobePhotoshop Elements8.0Localeen_USWorkflow Panelsactions
- Now, restart Photoshop Elements and go to EDIT.
- Open an image you’d like to experiment with.
- Go to ‘EDIT Guided’.
- Under ‘Automated Actions’ choose ‘Action Player’.
- From the dropdown choose ‘2×2’
- Now click ‘Play Action’.
That’s it! You should now see four times the photo you started with