Camden Town is a part of London I’ve always heard mentioned in books and songs but never visited before so on Sunday we decided to have an explore.
Let me mention at this point I had inadvertently organised this trip on the same day as the London Marathon. Oops! ‘Everyone will be at that’ I thought. They weren’t. Well, they might have been but they were in Camden too!
Some ‘Facts’ I’ve learnt about Camden
- Camden is actually one massive market and sells all manner of union-jack emblazoned paraphernalia
- It has enough humorous/pop t-shirts to clothe all of Switzerland.
- It is situated next to a canal (do not ever drink the water – I’ve seen what they do in there).
- What isn’t market stall is Irish pub.
- Simply breathing the air will get you 2% stoned.
- Camden likes to reference Camden in the third-person at all times.
- Bring a fork, there’s PLENTY to eat.
Can you spot me in the photo above?
Au revoir Camden – you are one hectic mo-fo!
All photos taken with (ahem) a new camera – Sony NEX 5R and 16-50mm lens